Thursday, April 25, 2013

THE GUN & THE PEN by Stan Aneto




THE GUN & THE PEN – Stan Aneto 2013

My gun's got loaded 
my pen on the white paper of tears
should I be more concerned 
about animals and plants 
than humanity on a final push of extinction...?
They call me the earthman
Coined from an untamed affair with nature
an unscripted romance ordained by divinity
Long before my placenta was trimmed
it is a sacred calling to curate and caress
but should I be more concerned
about plants and animals
than humanity on a final push of extinction...?
The mind of poetry is insatiable
Bottomless like the pit of hell
Cos the issues on my table are endless
I am much worried about the shedding of blood
As I am worried about frequent flood
I am much worried about genocide
As I am worried about ecocide
I am much worried about nuclear warning
As I am worried about global warming
I am as much worried about mindless shelling
As I am worried about senseless tree felling
I am much worried about human rights
As I am worried about animal rights 
I am much worried about corruption
As I am worried about pollution
For I see the inordinate pursuit of riches
Increasing the scale of endangered species
The mind of poetry is insatiable
Bottomless like the pit of hell
So I bless my pen and paper

No comments:

Post a Comment